Today’s update covers:
- COVID-19 Development Hub now on all HealthPathways draft sites
- New COVID-19 Ongoing Assessment and Management page now available
- COVID-19 page name changes
- New COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page coming
COVID-19 Development Hub now on all HealthPathways draft sites
We’ve now added the COVID-19 Development Hub to all HealthPathways draft sites. It contains links to a range of useful development resources for COVID-19 clinical editors and programme teams and is maintained by the Base HealthPathways team.
If you have any questions about this page, please contact your lead writer.
New COVID-19 Ongoing Assessment and Management page now available
The COVID-19 Ongoing Assessment and Management page is now available on the Base site for localisation. The aim of this pathway is to support GP management of patients with presumed or confirmed COVID-19 in the community.
It serves as a template to assist local HealthPathways teams when liaising with their local hospital services to determine and document the management processes for COVID-19 patients. Please ensure local governance is applied to the pathway as it has not had SME sign-off and evidence is rapidly evolving.
We are aware that the availability of transitional care facilities and enhanced care in the community varies greatly across health districts. Therefore, a single-sourced lead region pathway may not work for this page in some areas. The regional group approach should be discussed at your regular content alignment meeting.
If you have any questions about this page, please contact your regional group clinical advisor.
COVID-19 page name changes coming
By the end of today, we will change the names of following Base pages in response to community feedback and the expansion of the COVID-19 package:
- COVID-19 Practice Preparation will change to COVID-19 Practice Management, to clarify its ongoing role as a useful page beyond the initial preparation phase. Once updated on Base, this name change will be updated by lead regions and automatically rolled out to local HealthPathways websites.
- COVID-19 Assessment and Management will change to COVID-19 Initial Assessment and Management, to distinguish it from the COVID-19 Ongoing Assessment and Management pathway.
- COVID-19 Request will change to COVID-19 Requests and Local Processes, to help clarify that it is not a typical request page and may contain local processes that do not fit in the lead region assessment and management pathway.
Next week, your lead writer will contact you to discuss applying the name changes to your COVID-19 pages (with the exception of the COVID-19 Practice Management page).
New COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page coming
The Base HealthPathways team is developing a new COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page, which summarises the impact COVID-19 is having on the management of many other clinical conditions. They’re planning to have the page live by next week.
The COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page will work in a similar way to the COVID-19 Impact on Local Services page:
- Local HealthPathways teams can add clinical editor notes to the relevant localised clinical pathways and these will be summarised on the COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page in the COVID-19 section.
- During the COVID-19 period, regions may also place CE notes regarding Impact of COVID-19 on unlocalised clinical pathways on their HealthPathways site.
- If a HealthPathways site does not have a related clinical pathway, a note may still be created about an important clinical change and be placed on COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page.
Regional groups may choose to share out the work of developing and updating these clinical editor notes. The Base team is developing processes to support this over the coming week. They are also working on developing a new appearance for COVID-19 clinical editor notes so these can be distinguished from standard clinical editor notes.
You can start working with your lead writer to add clinical editor notes now and these will be included in the COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page after it is released.
If you have any questions about this new page, please contact your regional group clinical advisor.
If you have any questions about this update, please contact your lead writer.
If you have any feedback on the COVID-19 response package, please email your regional group clinical advisor.