HealthPathways COVID-19 Update – Wednesday 15 April
Published on 15 Apr, 2020 |
Today’s update covers the:
- new COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care now live on Canterbury Community HealthPathways
- removal of boilerplate text in CE notes
- release of a COVID-19 clinician/user engagement survey for programme managers tomorrow
New COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care now live on Canterbury
Last Wednesday we announced that the Base HealthPathways team has been working on a new COVID-19 Impact on Clinical Care page which summarises the impact COVID-19 is having on the management of many other clinical conditions.
This page is now live on the Canterbury Community HealthPathways site. It incorporates CE notes that clinical editors have added to non-COVID-19 pathways and clinical pages on the site, for example:
As part of this work, we have had to consider how to treat COVID-19 CE notes appearing on unlocalised pathways and clinical pages. These pose a challenge in that we cannot show them as localised by stripping out the content and only including the COVID-19 CE note, as this will remove a lot of useful guidance from the page. So we have:
- redesigned COVID-19 CE notes to distinguish them from ordinary CE notes by:
- changing the heading to “COVID-19 note”
- making them a pale pink
- added the region name to the heading when the note is on an unlocalised page, e.g. “COVID-19 note for Western Queensland” so that it is clear that although the page is mostly unlocalised, there is local information in the CE note.
You can read more about the Impact pages and also the COVID-19 notes, with pictures, in a new section on the Online Help. Over the next few days, we will be progressively rolling out:
- the Impact on Clinical Care page to your draft site
- the new look COVID-19 notes onto both live and draft sites.
If you have any questions about the Impact pages, please talk to your lead writer.
Removal of boilerplate text in CE notes
We’ve removed the following text from the CE notes on the Base COVID-19 response package, because we feel it has outlived its usefulness as a message for site users:
This page will periodically refresh to ensure you see the most up-to-date content. If anything in this page is unclear or inaccurate, please notify us using the Feedback button. We are reviewing the content regularly.
If you would like this removed from the CE notes on your site, please talk to your lead writer.
COVID-19 clinician/user engagement survey for programme managers
With the community-wide adoption of the COVID-19 package, we’re seeing a wide variation in both the levels of COVID-19 user engagement happening across the HealthPathways Community and the change in site usage statistics for individual HealthPathways websites.
To investigate this further, tomorrow we will send a quick survey to all HealthPathways programme managers, which asks them about the user engagement initiatives they’re deploying during the COVID-19 crisis.
The survey is anonymous and we ask that you answer the questions accurately and honestly.
We won’t close the survey until after the COVID-19 crisis has passed. Each week, your community success manager will ask you to add any new user engagement initiatives to your overall survey submission.
This will enable your team to:
- date stamp your user engagement initiatives,
- monitor the Google Analytics of your HealthPathways website for a specific period, and
- assess if your user engagement initiatives are having a direct impact on user behaviour.
At the same time, we will ask all HealthPathways programme managers to share their user engagement resources and communication items with the rest of the HealthPathways Community, particularly those initiatives that are increasing HealthPathways site usage.
If you have any questions about this survey, please contact your community success manager.
If you have any questions about this update, please contact your lead writer.
If you have any feedback on the COVID-19 response package, please email your regional group clinical advisor.