Dr Louise Delaney, Clinical Editor, Illawarra Shoalhaven HealthPathways, NSW Regional Group Clinical Advisor
HealthPathways, and National Clinical Advisor (Australia)
Dr Graham McGeoch,
Chief Clinical Editor, HealthPathways Community and Clinical Leader, Canterbury HealthPathways
- Dr Michael Ardagh, Clinical Lead, Canterbury Hospital HealthPathways
- Slides (available soon)
- Not video recorded
HealthPathways is widely used as a manual for general practice and is also an invaluable tool for clinical leaders to use for health system change and iterative care improvement.
In this session we will explore the role of clinical editors as clinical leaders. Current leadership concepts and framework will be briefly discussed in the context of the clinical editor’s work and challenges. Clinical editors should come away from this workshop with increased confidence in collaborating with subject matter experts and taking considered risks to influence change in their health communities.
This workshop is linked to the Conference Learning Module for clinical editors, but all are welcome.
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Describe the role of a clinical editor in the context of clinical leadership
- List factors holding you back from leadership activity
- Confidently negotiate with subject matter experts and other stakeholders in pathway development
- Take considered risks in seeking opportunities for health system improvement
Return to the Conference Programme