Dr Louise Delaney appointed NSW Regional Clinical Advisor
Published on 03 Aug, 2017 |
Streamliners is keen to further develop its capacity by more effectively utilising the skills and knowledge of experienced HealthPathways Community members. Increasing the two-way flow of information can only help to improve what Streamliners can do to support HealthPathways regions and to lever the strength of the community to achieve our common strategic goals.
With this in mind, we’re pleased to announce that Dr Louise Delaney has been appointed NSW Regional Clinical Advisor.
Louise has worked as a GP in the Illawarra for the past 10 years. Prior to that, her major experience was in CMO roles in obstetrics and emergency medicine. She assisted the NSW Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) with development of the Hospital Skills Program for CMOs after exploring the potential of CMOs to provide high level interventional maternity care.
Louise has been a GP Clinical Editor with Illawarra Shoalhaven HealthPathways since its inception in early 2015 and believes this is the most inspiring opportunity for the health community she has seen in her 25 years of practice.
Her appointment as NSW Regional Clinical Advisor is the first role of its kind and one that is likely to evolve over time as Streamliners learns how to best utilise the wealth of Louise’s experience and knowledge to support the needs of the NSW HealthPathways regions.
“I see this as a great opportunity to provide peer support, training, CPD, and connectivity amongst clinical editors and to include this group in the discussions directing the evolution of HealthPathways,” says Louise.
Above: Dr Louise Delaney and HealthPathways Community Chief Clinical Editor, Dr Graham McGeoch
at the Nepean Blue Mountains HealthPathways symposium in February 2017
Louise will add this work to her other ongoing roles as a GP Clinical Editor and practising GP. She will initially focus on:
- Providing training support for NSW clinical editors, including issue resolution and increasing peer to peer support through the development of virtual and face to face CE forums.
- Supporting NSW teams in the development of the review process and considering possibilities to support this effectively at the regional level.
- Supporting the NSW Lead Writers at Streamliners to improve pathway quality and escalate any relevant issues to Chief Clinical Editor.
- Working with NSW HealthPathways teams to develop an effective process for pathways collaboration at the regional level.
- Supporting Streamliners in assisting regions with poor uptake of HealthPathways and/or poor inter-sectoral collaboration.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact:
We hope you’ll join us in wishing Louise all the best in her new role!