Collaborating Globally for Local Impact
The HealthPathways Community is about sharing our combined knowledge, to better
inform the use of our local resources to solve our local problems.
The 2018 HealthPathways Conference will be held at the Newcastle City Hall, in Newcastle, Australia on 14-16 May, 2018. It is your opportunity to:
- contribute to the direction of our shared development.
- improve the effectiveness of your HealthPathways work-programme.
- extend your personal networks, knowledge, and skills.
- discuss how HealthPathways is helping health systems work better for patients, families and health professionals.
There is always variation in the planning and delivery of health and social services from one patient to the next, and from one health district to the next. The question is how much of that variation is sensible and necessary, and how much is unnecessary and wasteful. The next question is how can we develop and leverage commonality in our health systems to improve patient services and reduce costs. The same questions apply to the multiple implementations of HealthPathways across the Community.
The 2018 HealthPathways Conference will address the balancing act between necessary variation and efficient commonality from the perspectives of:
- The effective operation of a health system and HealthPathways’ role in supporting it.
- Running a cost effective HealthPathways work-programme.